Friday 25 June 2010

IVA Test 2... PASSED!!



So I have taken over a week and a half to post the good news, the car passed the IVA!! This super good news was marred somewhat by the fact that the DVLA were stumped when I tried to register the vehicle later that day, they really had no clue what was going on and as a result I am still in the dark as to the progress of my application. Either way the second test went far better, the noise level came in 1db under at 98db, a heart stopping moment as we saw the sound level meter creep up. The emissions were miles under as it turned out that I had not plugged the cut servo assist line and that was the cause of the weird mix, silly really, I think I even made a mental note to do that way earlier on in the build and just forgot. And the other little odds and ends were solved with the appropriate stickers, trim and other miscellaneous garage stuff.

The pass did mean that I could finally make those changes that I had been wanting to make, like my nice wooden steering wheel. I fitted it only to find that it does foul on part of the column but after a little work with the dremmel it moves fairly well, I may still go back at some point an put it on the lathe to make it perfect. Either way it is all looking good and now I am just waiting for the reg green light from the DVLA. Apparently they will send someone out to inspect but it is not so much a test as a check to see it is what you said it was on the form. A bit of a pain but it can't be helped. Should only be a few weeks now.

No comments:

Post a Comment