Saturday 18 July 2009

Break time is over

Hello all. I am back and finally over the lack of sleep that I received on the journey back to England and the paid work that I have been doing over the last few days. A lot has happened and I don’t know what to include. The seating issue is so close to being resolved now. In short they sent me one of the seats in the new style but incorrect colour to see whether it would fit. It did not but it was narrow enough for me to justify narrowing up the central column of the car so it fit. I then ordered two more seats in the correct new style and colour. They arrived yesterday and I have yet to see whether they will fit, fingers crossed.

The old style seat in the correct colour with the new style in the incorrect colour

Almost all of the remaining parts from the donor car were removed just before I left to go on holiday. It's now truly a shell of a car. The wiring loom was a complete pain to get out of the vehicle as you can't cut it and it runs like tree roots throughout the car. But that job is done now so no need to fret. After removing the pedals from the sierra in the slight hope that I may be able to adapt them for use in the new car I have been disappointed and the lead to yet more expense purchasing a pedal box from kit parts direct, along with a roll bar and new brake lines. They should all be arriving on Tuesday of next week. This does hold me back a little as I am aware that the pedal box and steering column sit in very close proximity, this makes me disinclined to work on the steering system this weekend, my original plan.

I have moved the project into its new home where it should be completed. It's not quite as worm or as bright as the workshop but it should do just fine. My biggest fear is doing the work right next to the Rolls Royce as I am all too aware of the damage that welding and grinding sparks can incur, either way I am sure I will find a solution to that. That is about where I am up to at the moment and this is the beginning of the final part of the project, the 10 week stretch to the end. I have had to pull out of Kilimanjaro due to money problems, which pisses me off royally but I suppose if I look on the bright side I do get more time to work on this car.


New garage area with engine and chassis togeather at last

No comments:

Post a Comment