Sunday 18 April 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

Busy, Busy, Busy! And I've been working at a cracking pace even if I do say so myself. This is what I have been doing over the last few days, not particularly interesting stories so I will list the parts and show the pics:

Front right hand side body panel

Rear central body panel

Coolant hose holder (holds it away from the alternator fan)

Fabricated the metal front mud guard holders (they still need to be powder coated)

Started mounting the mud guards themselves but only managed to get the left one on so far

Fabricated the bonnet and cut the hole for the carburettor air intake

I also fitted an adjustable bolt that holds the clutch pedal in position when not in use.


I did have one glitch making the bonnet. I had forgotten that I had removed the bolts holding the dash on so that I could work on the dials. When I made the template the dash was therefore loose. I did not see this though and as a result continued to make the bonnet itself, it was only on the final fit that I saw it was different to how it had been at the start (it was moving a little bit every time I bent the metal). So having realised that I had to start again trimming bits off my aluminium sheet. Luckily I had cut it too big rather than too small in the first place. I would have been far less flippant about the situation if I had had to buy another sheet of ali, but in the end it only cost me about 3 hours more work, oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment