Thursday 13 August 2009

Disaster Struck/Stuck

In short yesterday a massive case of 2 steps forward 1 step back, which I realise is not quite the expression but highlights the situation very well. After a really productive day of work fitting coolant lines, the new alternator mount and a coolant reservoir, we hit real trouble as the old coolant temperature sensor broke off, blocking the thread and preventing me from inserting the new one. Massive set back, and I am not sure how to resolve it. Easy-Out tool does not work and it is starting to look like I may have to drill the old part out. To make matters worse in trying to remove the problematic component I managed to drop a piece of threaded rod into the coolant system. It is amazing how quickly a really good day can go so bad!

I'll keep you posted on the progress of the resolution...

No comments:

Post a Comment