Thursday 11 June 2009

Money...

...get away. Get a good job with good pay and you're okay. All very well for Pink Floyd to say but as a student I don't have a good job, nor good pay, and money is running short. Going down the parts list stocking up I am seeing more and more holes in the budget. Stupid things like pricing for seats but not the slider that it sits on. However it's not too far out of control and with other projects under my belt it was not totally unexpected, so the project goes on. And with great spending comes great delivery. The latest batch of stuff ordered has come in and it's all so shiny.


I particularly liked the warning light display and its surround. I was going to have to buy each warning symbol independently to get some nice looking symbols but that would have cost me a fortune, I am happy with this compromise though.

This lot all came from Europaspares, website in the list. This place is great and although it does share one of my pet hates with a large number of these parts websites, the absence of the vat included in the price, they redeem themselves with a great range. As well of the parts that I have included images of I also ordered, after much umming and aaring, the brown vinyl seats which have a 14 day lead-in time as they have to be made. I'll leave what they look like as a surprise until they arrive. I mention it however because of the help they gave when ordering. I rang up to sort out the order and delivery, Mary who works there was good enough to post out a sample of the vinyl that I was thinking of getting so I could get an idea of the colour; it's difficult to get a good idea on the internet. It arrived the next day and it was perfect, a definite example of going the extra mile.

Other than this ordering, the cutting of mild steel into the slightly more intricate parts is still going on in the background and I am spending a good portion of my time in the Uni workshop. However although labor intensive the results are not very interesting to photograph or write about. So I have not really bothered, but I may write more when I am welding the chassis together and I actually use them, don't worry (I could see that all my many readers were fretting that you had not heard from me in so long). That's all for the time being but as always I will keep you posted with my progress.

Current Spend (including seats):
£2,071.78

No comments:

Post a Comment