Monday 29 June 2009

So close and yet so far

Just an update on the work I've done. The chassis is coming along very fast, faster than I thought it would have, and all that remains to do on it is Weldon some of the plates for things like seatbelts and wishbone brackets and then ensure I have full welded all the joints as a large number of them are still spot welded or partially full welded. Never the less it looks, upon general inspection, pretty much complete but there is still so much to do.
Other things that are on order are the dials, I bought a set of 5 for £199, I will post photos when they arrive, and the four point safety harnesses. I would like to moan about the cost of the harnesses but I suppose of all of the things on the car, they should be seen as reassuring when tethered to a hefty price tag. Years 9-11 were a little disinterested by the prospect of calculating the speedo ratio so I ripped off the dashboard myself and conducted the appropriate calculations with the assistance of my old DT teacher (57.5, not his age but the rev of the speedo cable per 100 turns of one rear wheel).

The sierra has got to come off the road on Wednesday due to tax expiry and this triggers the next stage of the project which is the dismantling of the donor car. I may have to wait until I return from my holiday in Malia before I can begin to do this due to the aforementioned problems with garage space. I'll let you know what the result is. If my thoughts are confirmed however, it will mean that I may be left twiddling my thumbs for a week with nothing for me to get my teeth into. I may just have to do some sunbathing in some of the hottest days of the year thus far. Poor me...

No comments:

Post a Comment